Bouquet in the Abyss
- •Music and video composed and created by Lawrence W. Moore
This piece depicts archetypal imagery of flowers and plant life, symbolizing life and its ever-growing and ever-evolving nature. The bouquet that is depicted contorts itself and moves in a way to re-shape itself and cope with the existence in the void and the forces put upon it by the music, which strives to crush the life out of the bouquet. There are forces in our lives that try to crush us and drain us of our personal energy. These forces make us warp ourselves, contort ourselves, and mutate ourselves into different forms in our effort to escape.
Can beauty be found in darkness? An abyss is a void, an emptiness that nevertheless exists. It does not necessary signify darkness as we know it. The darkness within a void is a mystery. Darkness within the soul and within consciousness is not emptiness, but a substance of corruption and evil. Beauty cannot be found there. Beauty can be found in the mysterious voids throughout the universe. We may not see them nor their contents, but that does not mean that beauty is not there. Yet, for those who find beauty in the darkness of evil, they are are not beholding beauty, but their own corrupt connection to the darkness of soul.
- Fractal imagery generated and animated using Apophysis 7x and Apophymator
- Filtering and final production performed using Sony Vegas Pro
- Audio stretching and pitch shifting performed using Spear
- Music arranged and engineered in Cakewalk Sonar
- Selected for and presented in an installation at Vanguard Miami 2012
- Selected for and presented in an installation at Arts & Letters Day 2012, Miami-Dade College
- Presented at the Electro-Acoustic Barn Dance, November 2012
See more videos in the Spechttps://thewayfarerproject.com/music-videos/-spectral-dreamstral Dreams series
See more of Wayfarer’s Music Videos
Follow The Wayfarer Project