A Time of Tribulation A Time for Temperance
- Music Composed and Performed by Lawrence W. Moore
- Fractal Animation by Lawrence W. Moore
- Filtering and final Video Production by Liza Seigido
This piece is inspired by the feeling of tribulation, where one is restrained and tormented with no apparent means of escape. This is a time in which one has no course of action in changing external conditions. Thus, one has only one recourse, self improvement and the tempering of one’s soul. For when the time comes that there is an avenue of escape, then one is strong enough and spiritually prepared to take the advantage of any crack that appears in the cage and break free from the prison that surrounds.
Tribulation is the test, the cauldron that we must face. We face tribulation throughout our lives. All that we can do is purge that which is no longer necessary and beneficial within ourselves and our lives and to focus our energy on what is still productive. Just as metals are cooked within a cauldron, creating a crucible, which burns out impurities, leaving behind only that was pure, our lives forces us through tribulations. The purpose is for us to us to transcend the level that we are at in our personal journey and to only take with us what we need for the next. When we get tired of this, we are truly dead.
- Moog Werkstatt analog synthesizer
- Electro-Harmonix 8 Step Program analog step sequencer
- MoogerFooger MF-103 12 Stage Phaser
- Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy Deluxe analog delay
- Presented in the Compositum Musicae Novae Electro-Acoustic Concert in Coral Gables, FL in May 2016
See more videos from the Spectral Dreams series
See more of Wayfarer’s Music Videos
Follow The Wayfarer Project