Spectral Voices in the Light
- •Music and video composed and created by Lawrence W. Moore
This piece is based upon the phenomenon of EVPs (electronic voice phenomena), in which one can receive communication from non-physical entities through white noise in television or white noise that is the static in radio. This piece was composed by continually flipping through the bands of shortwave and AM radio. As a result, various fragments come alive within the ocean of static noise. The video was then created afterward, trying to give a visual impression of the possible EVPs coming through the radio.
Many people who go ghost hunting will bring a radio with them. They will set down the radio and go through the different bands of frequency as they speak aloud. Voices have been known to come through on different frequencies throughout the radio spectrum. Because the spectrum of radio waves is part of the electro-magnetic spectrum as light is, entities that do not have corporeal forms can speak through them with their conscious energy. Their thoughts are part of the electro-magnetic spectrum just like so many things that we cannot perceive with our 5 basic senses. Human beings were not aware of the electro-magnetic spectrum before we started learning about light frequencies, and then learned that there are frequencies that we cannot perceive.
- visual white noise effect and ghostly imagery animated using Processing
- Filtering and final production performed using Sony Vegas Pro
- Noise textures generated in Csound
- Music arranged and engineered in Cakewalk Sonar
- Selected for and presented in an installation at Arts & Letters Day 2012, Miami-Dade College
- Selected for and presented in he Compositum Musicae Novae Red and white Concert, June 2015, Coral Gables Museum
See more videos in the Spectral Dreams series
See more of Wayfarer’s Music Videos