Dreams Become Fibers
- French Horn performed by Corey Klein
- Music composed, engineered, and processed by Lawrence W. Moore
- Video by Lawrence W. Moore
This piece paints the picture of a meditation on a hillside, in which the one who is meditating gradually feels himself being enveloped by the land. In this process of becoming one with the setting, the meditation brings about visions and sounds that allow one to see the fibers that make up the reality that we see on a daily basis. This infinite network of fibers makes up the physical reality around us. If we put the energy from our dreams into the energy of these fibers, we can see our dreams manifest before us in time.
The video is a collage of fractal elements. Fractals are complex structures based on math and the basic chaos theory of organic design in the universe. They are an appropriate way of bringing the natural to life, in yet, a somewhat unnatural way that looks at the archetypal nature of design. The French horn performance was recorded, disected and processed such that the background electronic atmosphere is derived from the French horn melody. As such, the unnatural is derived from the natural.
- Fractal imagery generated and animated using Apophysis 7x and Apophymator
- Filtering and final production performed using Sony Vegas Pro
- Audio stretching and pitch shifting performed using Cakewalk Spear
- Recorded horn processed and sequenced with live processed horn in Cakewalk Sonar
- Selected for and performed in the Vanguard Miami, 2012, Chapel of the Venerable St. Bede
See more of Wayfarer music videos
See and Hear more Wayfarer Music Videos
See more videos in the Spectral Dreams series