The SnapDrive Collaboration
- Music composed by Lawrence W. Moore
- video produced by Liza Seigido
SnapDrive was a collaboration between Lawrence W. Moore (music) and Liza Seigido (video). Moore composed the music in an effort to work with the small, almost instantaneous element of a snapping sound, generated by using an empty sync table. Moore generated the instrument in Csound and applied many parameters to it, which allowed him to create an adventure from using such a simple sound. Seigido created the video from a short, 7 second clip of video footage of US1 on the way back from the Florida Keys. This piece was one of Moore’s most favorite collaborations.
All of the sound in the piece are from snaps (artifacts) created by using a wave table that is out of sync and using its frequency to control the speed of the snap events. The is generated from a short, 7 minute video clip with creative filtering. The economy of using such small elements to build a piece that reaches such deferring moods and an almost living feel as it progresses contributes to the overall unity and direction of the conceptualization.
- Music composed entirely in Csound
- Presented in an installation at Vanguard Miami 2012
- Presented in an installation at Arts & Letters Day 2012, Miami-Dade College Kendall Campus
- Presented at the 2011 SEAMUS National Conference, January 2011
See more of Wayfarer’s Collaborations
See more Wayfarer music videos
See more of Wayfarer’s video collaborations